Evidence Used in the OMNI Tool
Vitamin A supplementation
- Imdad A, Herzer, K, Mayo-Wilson E, Yakoob MY, Bhuta ZA. Vitamin A supplementation for preventing morbidity and mortality in children from 6 months to 5 years of age. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2010, Issue 12.
Zinc and ORS
- Fischer Walker CL, Black RE. Zinc for the treatment of diarrhea: Effect on diarrhea morbidity, mortality and incidence of future episodes. International Journal of Epidemiology 2010; 39(Suppl 1): i63-i69.
- Munos M, Fischer Walker CL, Black RE. The effect of oral rehydration solution and recommended home fluids on diarrhea mortality. International Journal of Epidemiology 2010; 39(Suppl 1): i75-i87.
Kangaroo mother care
- Conde-Agudelo A, Belizán JM, Diaz-Rossello J. Kangaroo mother care to reduce morbidity and mortality in low birthweight infants. Cochrane 2011.
- Imdad A, Mullany LC, Baqui AH, et al. The effect of umbilical cord cleansing with chlorhexidine on omphalitis and neonatal mortality in community settings in developing countries: A meta-analysis. BMC Public Health 2013; 13(Suppl 3): S15.
Infant and young child nutrition – Timely initiation of breastfeeding
- NEOVITA Study Group. Timing of initiation, patterns of breastfeeding, and infant survival: prospective analysis of pooled data from three randomised trials. Lancet Global Health 2016.
Infant and young child nutrition – Exclusive breastfeeding
- Debes AK, Kohli A, Walker N, et al. Time to initiation of breastfeeding and neonatal mortality and morbidity: a systematic review. BMC Public Health 2013.
Iron and folic acid supplementation
- Peña-Rosas JP, De-Regil LM, Garcia-Casal MN, Dowswell T. Daily oral iron supplementation during pregnancy. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2015, Issue 7. Art. No.: CD004736.
- Christian P. Fetal growth restriction and preterm as determinants of child growth in the first two years and potential interventions. Nestle Nutr Inst Workshop Series 2014.
- Haider BA, Olofin I, Wang M, et al. Anaemia, prenatal iron use, and risk of adverse pregnancy outcomes: systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ 2013.
Weekly iron and folic acid supplementation
- Fernandez-Gaxiola AC, De-Regil LM. Intermittent iron supplementation for reducing anaemia and its associated impairments in menstruating women. Cochrane 2011.
- Blencowe H, Cousens S, Modell B, et al. Folic acid to reduce neonatal mortality from neural tube disorders. International Journal of Epidemiology 2010; 39(Suppl 1): i110-i121.
- De-Regil LM, Suchdev PS, Vist GE, et al. Home fortification of foods with multiple micronutrient powders for health and nutrition in children under two years of age (Review). Evid Based Child Health 2013.
- Das JK, Salam RA, Kumar R, et al. Micronutrient fortification of food and its impact on woman and child health: a systematic review. Syst Rev 2013.
- Clugston GA, Dulberg EM, Pandav CS, Tiden RL. Iodine Deficiency disorders in South East Asia. In: Hetzel BS, Dunn JT, Stanbury JB, eds. The Prevention and Control of Iodine Deficiency Disorders. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 1987; 65-84.
- Burkhalter BR. The Structure and Models used in PROFILES 2.0. Washington, DC: Academy for Educational Development, 1994
Glossary of Acronyms
|IFA||Iron and Folic Acid|
|IYCN||Infant and young child nutrition|
|MDG||Millennium Development Goals|
|OMNI||Outcome Modeling for Nutrition Impact|
|ORS||Oral Rehydration Salts|
|SDG||Sustainable Development Goals|
|WHA||World Health Assembly|