We partner with governments and organizations around the world to improve nutrition, which supports childhood cognitive development and children’s ability to achieve education and learning outcomes.
For many reasons, including poverty and social and cultural barriers, girls and women bear the greatest burden of malnutrition:
- 47% of adolescent girls are anaemic
- 57% of pregnant women are anaemic
- 79% of pregnant women do not consume the minimum recommended amount of iron and folic acid
- 33% of births are not attended by a skilled birth attendant
- 92% of children 6 to 23 months of age are not fed an age-appropriate minimum acceptable diet