REACTS-IN will contribute to achieving global nutrition targets by improving the health and nutrition of women, adolescent girls and children under five in Bangladesh, Kenya, Somalia and Tanzania.
For many reasons, including poverty and social and cultural barriers, girls and women bear the greatest burden of malnutrition:
- 47% of adolescent girls are anaemic
- 57% of pregnant women are anaemic
- 79% of pregnant women do not consume the minimum recommended amount of iron and folic acid
- 33% of births are not attended by a skilled birth attendant
- 92% of children 6 to 23 months of age are not fed an age-appropriate minimum acceptable diet