Authors: Prof. Ian Darton-Hill AO, Dr. Lynette Neufeld, Dr. Marieke Vossenaar, Dr. Saskia Osendarp, Dr. Homero Martinez; on behalf of the Micronutrient Forum
Publication date: September, 2017
This report from the Micronutrient Forum is an overview of the state of large-scale food fortification in the world. Topics that are reviewed and summarized in this report include:
- Gaps and challenges to scaling up the fortification of staple foods,
- The role of large-scale fortification in addressing the micronutrient gap in low and middle-income countries,
- Summary of existing large-scale fortification programs/policies, and;
- Justification for implementing large-scale fortification policies and programs.
- Large-Scale Food Fortification: An Overview of Trends and Challenges in Low-and Middle-Income Countries in 2017 (4.42 MB)