This project will institutionalize and sustain the improvement in quality and availability of adequately fortified oil with vitamins A and D in Pakistan.
Severe undernutrition can have long-term effects on children’s cognitive development, scholastic achievement and economic productivity in adulthood.
- For every 10 children born in Pakistan, one will die before the age of five
- Close to half of all children under five are moderately or severely stunted
- 54% of children under five are vitamin A deficient
- 62% of children are anaemic
- Some regions show up to 86% prevalence of childhood anaemia