This project is supporting the introduction of multiple micronutrient supplementation (MMS) in antenatal care alongside implementation research.
Severe undernutrition can have long-term effects on children’s cognitive development, scholastic achievement and economic productivity in adulthood.
- For every 10 children born in Pakistan, one will die before the age of five
- Close to half of all children under five are moderately or severely stunted
- 54% of children under five are vitamin A deficient
- 62% of children are anaemic
- Some regions show up to 86% prevalence of childhood anaemia