- The Nutrition International site does not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or e-mail address or street address during your visit to our site. This information is obtained only if you supply it voluntarily, usually through contacting us via e-mail or registering for our e-bulletin.
- All personal information created, held or collected by this Agency is protected under the federal Privacy Act. This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information, and you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- Visitor information is not disclosed to anyone except Nutrition International personnel who need the information to respond to a request. The information you give us will be shared with another organization ONLY if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose the information to anyone outside those who need to provide you with a response in the federal government.
- Nutrition International occasionally use “cookies” to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. The system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them. (A “cookie” is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a web site to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- Unless specifically noted otherwise, neither electronic systems nor e-mail are secure information transmission methods. It is not recommended that sensitive personal information be transmitted electronically.
Questions or comments regarding this policy may be directed to the Privacy Co-ordinator by calling (613) 782-6800 or writing to:
1000-180 Elgin Street
If you are not satisfied that we have adequately respected your privacy, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner by calling 1-800-267-0441 or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.