With UK aid from the UK Government, NTEAM’s TAN project provides support and assistance to SUN Movement countries to improve the nutritional status of their populations, especially women and children.
Rapid growth enabled Bangladesh to achieve ‘lower middle-income country’ status in 2015, as per the World Bank’s classification.
Despite rigorous development efforts, Bangladesh still suffers from the burden of malnutrition:
- 36% of children under five are stunted
- 33% of children under five are underweight
- 14% of children under five are wasted
- 24% of pregnant women suffer from anaemia
- 19% of adolescent girls aged 15 to 19 are malnourished