With support from Nutrition International through NLIFT (Nutrition Leverage and Influence for Transformation), Amref will build its capacity to deliver cost-effective nutrition interventions using the organization’s existing community health platforms.
As part of the partnership, a nutrition technical advisor seconded from Nutrition International to Amref will produce:
- A comprehensive nutrition mapping report on its programs
- An assessment of staff nutrition knowledge and capacity
- An organizational nutrition strategy
- A demonstration nutrition integration project implementation plan
The Nutrition Integration Strategy will include actions to:
- Integrate nutrition interventions, including a costed implementation plan with timelines and a monitoring and evaluation plan
- Address any identified capacity gaps
- Identify resource mobilization requirements to support high-impact health and nutrition programs
This partnership combines Amref’s community outreach know-how and Nutrition International’s nutrition expertise. The partners will use the results of the nutrition mapping to identify areas of collaboration to strengthen nutrition interventions, and to integrate nutrition into all of Amref’s program sectors and countries.