Under the Technical Assistance for Nutrition (TAN) programme, funded with UK aid from the UK government, technical assistance providers Maximising the Quality of Scaling Up Nutrition Plus (MQSUN+) (led by PATH) and Nutrition International’s Nutrition Technical Assistance Mechanism (NTEAM) provide demand-driven technical assistance to Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) countries.
This webinar explored the role of technical assistance in catalysing progress for SUN countries’ multisectoral nutrition planning and actions as well as positive practices and key learnings for the design and provision of technical assistance to maximise its benefit and sustainability to SUN countries. Drawing from experiences in Kenya and Afghanistan, questions explored by panelists included:
- How has technical assistance accelerated country efforts to scale up nutrition?
- What are important lessons to take forward on the design and management of technical assistance?
The webinar was moderated by Dr. Richard Pendame, Nutrition International’s Regional Director for Africa, with a presentation from Monica Kothari, SUN Technical Lead for MQSUN+, and a panel discussion with:
- Dr. Said Shamsul Islam Shams, Afghanistan SUN Technical Focal Point;
- Gladys Mugambi, Kenya SUN Government Focal Point;
- Dr. Silvia Kaufmann, MQSUN+ Technical Assistance Provider to Afghanistan; and
- Dr. Daniel Mwai, Nutrition International NTEAM Technical Assistance Provider to Kenya